Pre-advanced (40 hours given in 2 stages; 20 hours each stage)
General description: learners are enabled to effectively communicate ideas and attitudes about these topics: literature and culture, culture, nature and environmental issues, conflict and peace and human rights.
Objectives: By the end of this level, the learner will be able to
- engage in more language functions: giving a short presentation, expressing opinion, outlining the main ideas and some details of a text, expressing opinion and brief debating.
- engage in detailed conversations (about 170 words) related to the topics listed above.
- ask and respond in some details to questions about the topics listed above.
- read and understand factual and fictional texts of about 140 words related to the topics listed above.
- use collocated Arabic expressions and vocabulary in contexts related to the topics listed above.
- produce a summary of about 45 words in simple sentences about the topics mentioned above.