Upper intermediate user (40 hours given in 2 stages; 20 hours each stage)
General description: learners are enabled to use Arabic to effectively communicate ideas facts, feelings about these topics: health (physical and mental), literature, media, emotions and feelings.
Objectives: By the end of this level, the learner will be able to
- engage in more communicative functions: listing the main ideas and some details of a literary or informational text, talking about illness and requesting assistance and expressing feelings and emotions.
- engage in short conversations (about 150 words) related to the topics listed above.
- ask and respond in some details to questions about the topics listed above.
- read and understand simple texts of about 120 words related to the topics listed above.
- use collocated Arabic expressions and vocabulary in contexts related to the topics listed above.
- produce a summary of about 30 words in simple sentences about the topics mentioned above.