Elementary user (40 hours given in 2 stages; 20 hours each stage)
General description: learners are enabled to communicate in basic standard Arabic about personal and everyday social contexts.
Objectives: By the end of this level, the learner will be able to
- participate in simple social communicative functions: greeting, inviting, apologising and expressing abilities in everyday social contexts.
- engage in simple short conversations (60-80 words) related to these topics: home, holiday, work, university, home and likes and dislikes.
- ask and answer simple yes-no and wh-questions about the topics listed above.
- use simple collocated expressions and vocabulary in real life situations related the topics listed above.
- understand and produce simple 3-5 short sentences related the topics listed above.
- use numbers (100 -1000).
- use Arabic diacritical marks (vowels- الضمة- الكسرة - الفتحة).