Beginner user: (40 hours given in 2 stages; 20 hours in each stage)
General description: learners are enabled to communicate in basic standard Arabic about personal and everyday social contexts.
Objectives: By the end of this level, the learner will be able to
- participate in basic social communicative functions: greetings, introduction, thanking, requesting and offering in everyday social contexts.
- engage in basic short conversations related to these topics: personal information, travel, shopping, work, home, likes and dislikes and weather.
- ask and answer basic yes-no and wh-questions about the topics listed above.
- use basic collocated expressions and vocabulary in real life situations related the topics listed above.
- understand and produce basic 2-3 short sentences related the topics listed above.
- use numbers (0 -100),
- read and write simple and short words / sentences in the Arabic alphabet.