Intermediate user (40 hours given in 2 stages; 20 hours each stage)
General description: learners are enabled to use Arabic essential skills to communicate ideas and facts about these topics: culture and manners, arts and crafts, technology, transportation, cities and towns.
Objectives: By the end of this level, the learner will be able to
- engage in more communicative functions: descripting actions and habits, expressing preferences, opinions, hopes, dreams and future plans; advising, and giving instructions and directions.
- engage in simple short conversations (about 120 words) related to the topics listed above.
- ask and respond to questions about the topics listed above.
- read and understand short simple texts of about 100 words related to the topics listed above.
- use collocated Arabic expressions and vocabulary in contexts related to the topics listed above.
- produce a summary of about 20 words in simple sentences about the topics mentioned above.
- Use a variety of numbers up to a billion.