Pre-intermediate user (40 hours given in 2 stages; 20 hours each stage)
General description: learners are enabled to communicate in simple standard Arabic about these topics: university, food, drinks, clothes, hobbies, friendship holidays and currency.
Objectives: By the end of this level, the learner will be able to
- engage in more communicative functions: expressing needs and interests; describing people, places, and things and comparing people, places, and things and expressing financial process in a bank.
- engage in simple short conversations (about 100 words) related to these topics:
- ask and answer yes-no and wh-questions about the topics listed above.
- read and understand short simple texts of about 80 words related to the topics listed above.
- use collocated Arabic expressions and vocabulary in contexts related to the topics listed above.
- produce 5-6 simple related sentences about the topics mentioned above.
- use numbers (1000 and 1000,000)